Adopt A River
The N.I.A.A. currently has a limited number of Adopt a River sites available.
The N.I.A.A. is seeking request for application for the ADOPT-A-RIVER program in cooperation with the Illinois Deptartment of Natural Resources C-2000 program.
If your organization,group,business or agency would like to be a part of the Adopt-a River program, simply contact the N.I,A,A. by writing to...Sam Thomas
Bourbonnais, Il 60914.
Adopt-a-river is similar to the adopt a highway program and there is no cost for application.
Adopting organizations will receive signage along the river for the section adopted.
Two clean ups per year are required.
Sections vary in size from 1-4 miles based on clean up difficulty.
Complete details will be sent with your application.
- Chairman J.R. Black
- Bradley-Bourbonnais Sportman Club
- Bourbonnais Twp. Park District
- Vandrunen Farms
- Momence Park District
- Kankakee Ducks Unlimited
- Illinois Smallmouth Alliance
- Aqua Illinois
- Amlin Residential Services
- Kankakee Valley Whitetails
- Reed's Canoe Trips
- Kankakee River Conservancy
- Kankakee Valley Park District
- Aroma Park American Legion
- Northern Illinois Anglers Association
- Riverside Resolve Center
- Beecher High School
- Village of Beecher
- Momence Anchor Club
- Kankakee Sportsman Club
- N.W.T. Federation
- Kankakee Forest Preserve
- Aroma Park Boating Association