N.I.A.A The Northern Illinois Anglers Association (N.I.A.A.) is a nonprofit organization that was formed by individuals who are profoundly concerned about the ecological future of the waterways in Illinois.
All meetings are open to the public, and are the 4th wednesday of every month @ bbsc @ 7 pm except June it is always the 3rd wednesday at 7pm this year would be on the 21st . See Calendar for details.
- June 28th Shocking Day @ 9AM - 1PM Bird's Park Boat Ramp
- June 30th Derby Starts @ 00:01
- July 9th Derby Ends @ 6PM
- July 12th Derby Prize Night @ 6PM BBSC
- Adopt A River!
Adopters, as in years past you have two cleanups: one in the spring and one on September 16th. If anything is needed please call or email me and supplies will be ready for pick up or delivered if needed to your organization.
Please check your adopter signs, Winter and high water are a problem each year. If any signs are damaged, we need to know for repair or replacement. I want to thank all for doing your part in the continuous efforts to keep (what others seem to not care about) the river and its tributaries clean. Again remember if you need anything please ask.
Garbage bags are always available. Sam and Barb T (Call or email)(815) 953-8822 (Barb) or (815) 953-1372 (Sam) --- email@example.com
- Kids Fishing Day 2017 The Annual Kids Fishing Day was held Saturday April 1st at Bird Park. Co-Chairs of the event again this year were Larry Benson and Mike Norman We had great weater. Altogether approximately 30 fish were caught, in all over 140 children participants were in attendance. Winner of the biggest fish in the girls category went to Riley Detta with a 13.5" trout and the biggest fish in the boys category went to Drake Smith with a 14" trout, both received new fishing poles and tackle boxes. We had server members of the Northern Illinois Anglers Association on hand to help register, measure fish, distribute hot chocolate and doughnutes, and various other duties. New vulunteers this year were Norm Connor, Dennis Ruel and Rick Labuda they were a great help! We would like to Thank the Kankakee Valley Park District, Mario's Market, and the Illinois Department of Conservation. We would also like to Thank Tim Milner of WVLI, WIVR, WFAV and Bob Themer of the Daily Journa for their continued support. Hope too see everyone again next year!
- Gallery Check out the gallery page for pictures from past events, and if you have some NIAA related pictues please email them to